Hope you enjoyed our show. Â After Jenny Jet got us pondering the metal gene, I’ve decided I do have it after all. And it sits quite comfortably with my love of Tijuana brass and disco.
And a little note for anyone intrigued by Lawrence of Denim, Felt, etc – a film has been made about him by Paul Kelly of Saint Etienne – Lawrence of Belgravia. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/20/lawrence-of-belgravia A must-see for anyone curious about one of music’s genuine eccentrics.
Here’s what we played!
1. Mike Sammes Singers – Westminster Bank advert
2. Field Music – A New Town
3. Cate Le Bon – Puts Me To Work
4. Yoofs – Nothing
5. That Fucking Tank – TFT
6. Luke Haines – Big Daddy Got A Casio VL Tone
7. Denim – The Osmonds
8. Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg – 69 Annee Erotique
9. tUnE yArDs – Bizness
10. Nisennenmondai – Soundtrack 4 For Nobetsumakunashi
11. Kurt Vile – Losing Momentum
12. Rozi Plane – Humans
13. The Fall – Touch Sensitive
14. Queen Kwong – Bitter LIps
15. Laura J Martin – Doki Doki