If you tuned into Buffet on Sunday 25th January, we thank you. Or if you’re wondering how to listen to it, it’s over on our Mixcloud.
A massive thank you to the lovely, super-talented Jimmy May for joining us! We got the low down on 50 Sniffs and Cool Beans, as well as indulging in flat vowels and fen-punk from flat, fat, far-out Boston.
This is what we played:
1. Plan B – Ill Manors
2. 50 Sniffs – That’s Why I Only Call You When I’m High (feat. Arctic Monkeys)
3. Vehicle Derek – Sometimes She Will
4. Dan Le Sa vs Scroobius Pip – Thou Shalt Always Kill
5. Screaming Females – Ripe
6. Sleaford Mods – Shit Streets Runny
7. 50 Foot Wave – Bath White
8. Astronauts – In My Direction
9. Nots – Reactor
10. Belle and Sebastian – The Party Line
11. Bad Manners – Lip Up Fatty
Buffet is back on the radio on February 22nd. In the meantime, we’re on Facebook and Twitter. We’re probably on MySpace, too, but abandoned that years ago.
So has anyone seen that Maroon 5 video? The one with him stalking a woman and fantasising about a “sexy” blood bath? Honestly, the blatantly shit and potentially very scary ideas some bands come up with, in addition to already producing music that is wank. Pffft….Anyway, we played some marvellous stuff on our radio show, even if my son did exclaim “What is this CRAP you are listening to???” when he heard one of two new Prince albums. And how lovely to be a triumvirate again – Happy Birthday Jenny Jet!
1. Ty Segall – The Faker 2. Wand - Fire on the Mountain 3. Shellac – All the Surveyors 4. Belako - Molly and Pete 5. Fuentes All Stars – Pe Gale a la Nalga 6. Ibibio – Ibibio Sound Machine 7. The Twilight Sad – And She Would Darken the Memory 8. Plan B – Great Day for a Murder 9. Blixa Bargeld and Teho Teardo - Soli Si Muore 10. Junior Parker - Tomorrow Never Knows 11. Vashti Bunyan – Shell 12. Marmozets – Cover Up
13. Prince and 3rdEyeGirl – Funknroll
We’re back on Sunday 2nd November and we would love for you to join us. In the meantime, we would love for you to follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook!
So 2012 is coming to an end and, as is tradition on Buffet, we offer a loose musical reflection on the year. And in the absence of Jenny Jet and Emma Bob 3 we have a studio guest – James Davies (the man from Spunkle and new electro project Konstanzegraff).
If you want to catch up with the show on BCB’s fabulous listen again page you can do so here.
And here’s what we played:
1. TY SEGALL BAND – Death
2. KIM DEAL – Walking With A Killer
3. BEASTIE BOYS – Super Disco Breakin’
4. IT BITES – Â Cartoon Graveyard
5. CLAUDINE LONGET – Snow
6. PLAN B – Ill Manors
7. RAVI SHANKAR – Afghani Sitar
8. PEACHES et al – Free Pussy Riot
9. KONSTAZEGRAFF – Billy
10. FUTURE OF THE LEFT – Robocop 4 – Fuck Off Robocop
11. THE B52s – Rock Lobster
12. EMPTY VESSEL MUSIC – She Brings The Moths In Flame
13. THE MONKEES – Daydream Believer
14. SUFJAN STEVENS – Auld Lang Syne