Good morning, Patrick Thornton from the Selection Box programme checking in.
Well, how very exciting – another place to babble incoherently. As if an hour’s worth of airtime every week to waffle on in between records wasn’t enough to satisfy my personal vanity.
For those of you lucky enough not to have caught my show, I am a high profile and well-respected radio disc jockey with up to 3 listeners. Wow, imagine that.
There’s no enormously intellectual agenda to Selection Box, the intention is simply to enjoy music of all genres. I’d like to think that everyone listening would like at leat one record played during the show, and whilst not seeking to be willfully obscure I’d hope that lots of what we play will be new to you.
You can also contribute to the content – particularly by sending suggestions for our long record feature Thanking Your Kind Indulgence. Here are the rules:
1. The track must last 7 minutes or more.
2. It must be good.
3. That’s it.
Send your suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via our MySpace at www.myspace.com/selectionboxbcb. You can also Tweet them to us via our new Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Selection_Box.
To give you an impression of the show’s content, here’s the playlist from the most recent programme:
1. The Mighty Wah! – Hope (I Wish You’d Believe Me)
from: A Word To The Wise Guy
2. Wendy Arrowsmith – Land O’ The Leal
from: Seeds Of Fools
3. Crispy Ambulance – Presence
from: Live on a Hot August Night
4. Sol Hoopi – Lady Be Good
from: Classic Slide Guitar Vol II (various artists)
5. The Starr Sisters – Three Young Chicks
from: Good Girls Gone Bad: Wild Weird & Wanted (various artists)
6. Art Brut – D.C. Comics & Chocolate Milkshake
from: Art Brut vs Satan
7. Rufus Wainwright – Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk
8. Moon Mullican – A Maiden’s Player
from: A Compilation Of Cotton Thompson (various artists)
9. Radiohead – These Are My Twisted Words
10. Steve Wright – Wild Wild Woman
from: Buffalo Bop: Rock & Roll Riot (various artists)
11. Certain General – Back Downtown
from: Invisible New York
12. The Duckworth Lewis Method – Meeting Mr Miandad
from: The Duckworth Lewis Method
Coming up on 7 Sept: Neil Hannon of The Divine Comedy talks about his new cricket-themed project The Duckworth Lewis Method.