The BCB Management Committee is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). This is usually held towards the end of the year in November or December. Elected members hold the role for 3 years then can stand for re-election. There is a maximum of 12 people elected on to the BCB Management Committee. Two additional members can also be co-opted throughout the year, usually to fill a skills gap or for a special purpose. We have details about current Management Committee members on this website.
All members of BCB’s Management Committee are unpaid, elected volunteers making democratic decisions about BCB on behalf of BCB’s members. The Management Committee meets once a month, currently on the third Tuesday of the month at 5.00pm. This lasts about 1½ hours. There are also some additional planning sessions – usually once a quarter on a Saturday morning, as well as task groups and sub committees for you to be part of e.g. Finance, Employment, Programming, Health and Safety, etc
Joining the BCB Management Committee!
- Are you enthusiastic about ensuring BCB’s future?
- Have you got energy and commitment, and some time to spare, to make an active contribution to the development of BCB?
- Are you willing to develop your own skills and use them for the benefit of BCB?
- Have you been a paid-up member of BCB for at least twelve months?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all these questions, then please consider standing for election to BCB’s Management Committee.
To stand for election at the AGM you need to fill in a simple nomination form and be nominated and seconded by two other BCB members.
The legal bit:
BCB is a Company Limited by Guarantee. As a member of The Management Committee, you become a Company Director, registered at Companies House, and have the following legal responsibilities:
- To make sure that the organisation is managed in accordance with BCB’s constitution.
- To make sure that proper financial records are kept.
- To recruit, monitor and support staff.
- To manage BCB’s premises in line with health and safety law
- To make sure that BCB complies with all current legal and statutory requirements.
Other duties of the Management Committee as Directors of BCB are:
- Overseeing the strategic direction, planning and delivery of BCB’s activities
- Ensuring appropriate systems, procedures and policies are in place for achieving BCB’s objectives.
- Ensuring that BCB is financially viable and has adequate resources and staff to carry out its activities.
If you want further information about being on the BCB Management Committee, please contact us.