Some useful information for volunteer presenters
How to set up your Presenter Profile
The photograph is usually taken in the building, but if you can supply a head and shoulder shot on a plain background we should be able to add it to the site.
How to set up your Programme Page
Programme Pages on this website help tell others about your show. This includes information about when it is next on, and previous episodes that are available via listen again. We build these pages from information you supply using this form: http://tinyurl.com/bcbprogrammes
The programme pages make it much easier to find your show on the listen again website. You might find it easier to point people to your programme page on the BCB website rather then telling them to go directly to the listen again website.
If you have your shows on a podcast platform (mixcloud etc), then that information can go on your Programme Page.
Promoting your show
We will help you promote your show by:
- Adding it to the online schedule
- Creating a programme page with information about when the show is next on, and linking to any previous episodes that are available via listen again
- Tweeting from the BCB account near the time of broadcast.
What we need from you
- A short description (under 280 characters which is Twitter’s limit) of what’s on your show when it is being broadcast (guests, music, themes, relavent pieces of info), any relevant twitter handles, and..
- a landscape photo. The photo doesn’t need to be a picture of yourself (although it can be if you’d like!) but it does need to be something related to the show and in landscape. The photo needs to be in landscape as Twitter crops portrait photos.
Send it to
DM us on Twitter at @bcbradio or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We need it by
We need this information by 5pm the day before your show is broadcast – this gives us chance to schedule social media posts and update our online schedule.
If you can send this information before then please do, the sooner we get it the sooner we can use it.
Any information sent after 5pm on the day of a show will not be updated.
NB: this doesn’t apply to anybody producing About Bradford programmes which are usually produced on the day.