Now then! If you tuned in to Buffet – we thank you. Or if you want to listen, the link is here.
We dedicated a whole show to cover versions – often they are crap, but ours range from the bonkers to the sublime. This is what we played:
1. MINOR THREAT – Steppin’ Stone (best known by The Monkees)
2. JOHNNY CASH – The Mercy Seat (originally by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) 3. TRICKY – Black Steel (originally by Public Enemy) 4. COME – I Got The Blues (originally by The Rolling Stones) 5. CHUCK D & HENRY ROLLINS – Rise Above (originally by Black Flag) 6. DISPOSABLE HEROES OF HIPHOPRISY – California Uber Alles 7. CICCONE YOUTH – Addicted to Love (originally by Robert Palmer) 8. TONY OSBORNE ORCHESTRA – Hard Days Night (originally by The Beatles) 9. NEKO CASE – Alone and Forsaken (originally by Hank Williams) 10. SNUFF – I Think We’re Alone Now (a take on the Tiffany version) 11. PAUL ANKA – Smells Like Teen Spirit (originally by Nirvana) 12. AFGHAN WHIGS – My World Is Empty Without You (originally by The Supremes) 13. THE SHOP ASSISTANTS – Train From Kansas City (originally by The Shangri Las) 14. LEATHERFACE – Talkin’ Bout a Revolution(originally by Tracy Chapman) 15. FATIMA MANSIONS – Long About Now (originally by Scott Walker) 16. FRANK SIDEBOTTOM – Indie Medley: Love Will tear Us Apart/How I Wrote Elastic Man/Take The Skinheads Bowling/Big Mouth Strikes Again (originally by: Joy Division/The Fall/Camper Van Beethoven/The Smiths)
Now then! We chucked in a few film-themed tunes this month to tie in with Bradford International Film Festival (you may have spotted a few BCB DJs at BIFF By Night, too). If you want to hear the show you can listen againÂ here
And this is what we played!
1. LA SERA – Will You Please Be My Third Eye
2. BEASTIE BOYS – Shake Your Rump
3. KISHORE KUMAR & ASHA BHOSLE – Typewriter Tip Tip Tip
4. MICE PARADE – Contessa
5. CEREMONY – Hysteria
6. COWTOWN – Monotone Face
7. FRANK SIDEBOTTOM – Frank Gordon
8. TURING MACHINE – Lazy Afternoon Of The Jaguar
9. THE SCARAMANGA SIX – The Bristol Butcher
10. NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS – God Is In The House
11. ZOLA JESUS – Vessel
12. RAZZY – I Hate Hate
13. THE DICKIES – Sound of Silence
14. ADEBISI SHANK – International Dreambeat
15. SERGE GAINSBOURG – Bonnie and Clyde
We at Team Buffet are not happy. And tonight we had a little moan about Dave and George and their savage spending cuts. We also played the most bizarre selection of Christmas music you may ever hear, peppered with top pop and punk tunes.
My highlight was a track chosen by Emma Bob 3 â€“ Charles Spearinâ€™s â€˜Mrs Morris (Reprise)â€™ which forms part of The Happiness Project. He takes his neighbourâ€™s words about love, turns them into music, then adds her voice back in. Itâ€™s beautiful.